I have an HP Ryzen 7 desktop, which I believe has an Asus motherboard. When I installed 1903, any activation of sleep or hibernate or hybrid sleep, locked up my computer. It required a power down reset. I have used hybrid sleep for years on all of my Windows machines. I will not upgrade without sleep available. Still waiting for 1909 which is only a patch to 1903.
Sleep not working since 1903 update. Support said that it was an issues with update. Has it been repaired?
Has the glitch with 1903 been resolved? MS support analyzed my system and determined that it was an issue with 1903. I was told that this was a recurring glitch effecting many other users and was advised a rollback until the issue was resolved.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-09-16T18:36:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-11-10T07:56:15+00:00 My computer will sleep ever two to three minutes i can't make that stop. I have changed everything to "Never"but still sleeps every few minutes so frustrating i tried HP support and they went over everything i changed and it still did it then the last guy after 4 attempts to get help told ne an electrical problem but too many people posting same issues and it seems to be with windows10 version 1903. I have latest updates on drivers and upgrades so i just need someone that knows whats going on. Please help!
-
Anonymous
2019-11-21T19:39:53+00:00 I would try any and all of the suggestions except sleep is no longer offered as an option. I can "hibernate" but that is not the same as "sleep." In windows setting/system/ settings/power & sleep there is no setting for sleep, just hibernate. Sleep just suddenly disappeared from my power options a week ago. what's going on?
-
Anonymous
2019-11-21T20:23:18+00:00 I have upgraded to 1909 and the problem still exists. When I set my computer to sleep, it takes about 5 minutes to wake. When I wake up from hibernate my system is unstable. I have been trying every setting sleep has available to correct the problem with no success.
From the Power and Sleep screen, click additional power settings, then click on what power buttons do, then on change settings that are currently not available. Then click on sleep.
The last version of Windows that sleep works is 1809.
Good Luck
-
Anonymous
2019-11-21T21:31:43+00:00 It doesn't give sleep as an option to click on. Thanks anyway.