Sleep not working since 1903 update. Support said that it was an issues with update. Has it been repaired?

Anonymous
2019-06-21T21:29:19+00:00

Has the glitch with 1903 been resolved?  MS support analyzed my system and determined that it was an issue with 1903.  I was told that this was a recurring glitch effecting many other users and was advised a rollback until the issue was resolved.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-25T15:57:33+00:00

    Join the club. I have a Ryzen machine that actually run faster with 1903, but the sleep function crashes the machine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-05T03:26:46+00:00

    I  stumpled upon this question. I had the same with my HP EliteDesk 800 G1

    I have had something similar before. The resolution was simple, i used my old buddy DriverMax which told me 12 drivers need update. I did not install the drivers one at the time, but after i had updated all drivers, the sleepmode once again function. :)

    I somewhere read that the graphics was the most important part. I did upgrade the Intel Graphics 4600.

    This is not an advert for DriverMax, and the tools is acutally free - but you can then only install one driver a day. 

    -T

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-09-09T12:17:30+00:00

    Experiencing a similar issue.  I have a client that has primarily Microsoft Surface Pro's  (Pro 5's).  The Surface Pro's that have applied the 1903 update are having issues with DHCP coming out of sleep mode.  They cannot get a DHCP address.  Rebooting corrects the issue.  Again, this is only on Surface Pro's that have the 1903 update applied.  I have same model machines that do not have the 1903 update that work just fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-15T20:40:51+00:00

    Two days ago, I received a notification in Windows update that 1903 is available again.

    I called MS support and asked if the sleep issue of 1903 had been corrected. They had no clue, and tried to get me to reinstall 1903. I refused.

    I asked about 1909 and was told they don't know.

    What good is tech support with people who know nothing.

    Still waiting for 1909.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-16T02:10:31+00:00

    Two days ago, I received a notification in Windows update that 1903 is available again.

    I called MS support and asked if the sleep issue of 1903 had been corrected. They had no clue, and tried to get me to reinstall 1903. I refused.

    I asked about 1909 and was told they don't know.

    What good is tech support with people who know nothing.

    Still waiting for 1909.

     

    When I started this post I thought there would be a resolution at some point.   There hasn't. I think there are bigger issues with 1903 and this is a minor one. Do you know if they have even acknowledged it?

    With regards to the sleep issue, I have an Asus. My computer went to sleep initially after 1903 then started not to. I was expecting this as I updated early in June and then rolled things back. I'm now on 1903 but have to manually put the computer to sleep using a keyboard short cut or close the lid. It is annoying. 

    One suggestion to prevent your computer from waking up when you don't want it to is to use a wireless mouse and turn it off (switch on mouse) and disconnect any printer cables. My printer has a phone line attached for the 1 occasion a year that I fax something. When my home phone rings it wakes the printer which I think wakes the computer. 

    I posted this in another forum. Here is the link. It lists all problems with update 1903. This is just one post.  If this is all you have going on then you are lucky.

    You can scroll through the 36 pages.   https://www.tenforums.com/showthread.php?t=133041&p=1720439#post1720439

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments