I don't recall if I could enter sleep manually. When I have a free afternoon I'll try installing again. Thanks for everything.
Sleep not working since 1903 update. Support said that it was an issues with update. Has it been repaired?
Has the glitch with 1903 been resolved? MS support analyzed my system and determined that it was an issue with 1903. I was told that this was a recurring glitch effecting many other users and was advised a rollback until the issue was resolved.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2019-06-22T02:41:42+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-06-22T00:10:16+00:00 Thank you. And by the way, although it's not very nice to say, the third-party contractors Microsoft hires are mostly reading from reference manuals and flowcharts. They don't really have the knowledge to help you.
The key thing for your case is that your computer doesn't even make it into sleep in the first place. That probably leaves out your sleep settings as the problem (Settings > System > Power.)
Can you you must your computer into sleep manually? Start > Power > Sleep
You can also use the command line, but it's a little tricky:
How to sleep Windows 10 from the command line
The test in both cases is whether or not your computer can sleep in the first place.
P.S. I recently got v.1903 and my computer has no problem sleeping.
-
Anonymous
2019-06-21T23:12:48+00:00 Looks like I'll hold tight. Thanks to you and everyone else.
-
Anonymous
2019-06-21T22:21:31+00:00 Hi Joe -
As long as you know you have the very latest Display driver which is what is what is most responsible for Sleep, and tried everything else in the list which solves almost all other Sleep issues, then I'd wait until the Version Upgrade is offered as it should not be pushed to your hardware otherwise if there are indeed known issues as Support said.
-
Anonymous
2019-06-21T22:17:17+00:00 You pretty much covered the troubleshooting steps I did with MS support. I was told that my system and drivers checked out fully compatible. and the issue was with the update. I'm surprised that there's no mention of this issue in the link you provided. I was told that it's something the MS team was working on. And a quick search shows a lot of users with the same issue. We did a rollback and everything is working like it was before the rollback. Should I wait for a revised update or set aside an afternoon to get things working?