Sleep not working since 1903 update. Support said that it was an issues with update. Has it been repaired?

Anonymous
2019-06-21T21:29:19+00:00

Has the glitch with 1903 been resolved?  MS support analyzed my system and determined that it was an issue with 1903.  I was told that this was a recurring glitch effecting many other users and was advised a rollback until the issue was resolved.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Sleep and Power on, off

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-10T20:04:21+00:00

    I have a similar issue with sleep. The last version of Windows that sleep worked was 1809. When I installed 1903 my computer crashed, when I used sleep or hibernate. I rolled back to 1809 and everything was fine. I was promised a fix with 1909, so I installed it and found a partial fix. 1909 stopped the crashing from sleep and hibernate,  but slowed the recovery from sleep to almost 2 minutes.

    I have given up using sleep, and now hibernate my computer at night.

    My machine is similar to yours machine. I have an HP desktop with a Ryzen 7 1700. I suspect the motherboard is Asus.

    With the installation of 1903, the performance of my machine improved greatly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-10T18:06:32+00:00

    After 1903 and 1909, whenever I put my computer to sleep, it fails to resume and reboots instead.  This does not happen with 1803.  I've updated all drivers: video, motherboard, mouse, keyboard.  I first upgraded to 1903 when it came out and had to do a rollback.  Then when 1909 came out, I upgraded again and had to do a rollback.  Now I have a doomsday countdown to March 13th where Windows is going to require me to update to 1909.  This is ridiculous.

    System:

    Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero X470 Ryzen 2 AM4

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit

    RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit

    Video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC 8GB GDDR5

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-02T01:38:03+00:00

    Sleep mode is broke. I have a XPS 13 and when I close the computer and put it in my laptop bag within a few hours it is red hot. I'm worried that the computer will catch on fire. If I close the top at night with a full charge I wake up in the morning with maybe 10% left on the battery. This cannot be good for the computer and wondering why their new sleep mode does not work correctly. Microsoft, you know there is a problem and you are killing thousands of computers. Please fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-13T14:31:43+00:00

    My PC will not leave power saver, changed cable, tried Dell driver CD, nothing.

    Sending this message from an IPAD.......

    Please advise

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-13T13:23:42+00:00

    I have fixed the issue by installing an old version of Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-and-Management-Console driver.

    https://www.dell.com/support/home/dz/fr/dzbsdt1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=66mg5&oscode=wt64a&productcode=xps-13-9365-2-in-1-laptop

    15.2.15.1058, A0726 avr. 2017

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments