how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?

Anonymous
2019-08-25T21:45:48+00:00

i don't want my mouse pointer to move with me tapping my arrow keys. it makes navigating the sites/games i usually play SUPER frustrating. i've been trying to find the option to turn it off but the only help articles i can find are about Mouse Keys, which ive never turned on before because its useless to me. PLEASE help

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-09-17T05:11:31+00:00

Do you have Microsoft Paint running? I was having the same issue, and that turned out to be the culprit. MS Paint has a feature that lets you move its pointer with the arrow keys, but this seems to get stuck sometimes so that even when it's minimized the arrows will still control the pointer. Closing all instances of paint fixed the problem for me, so hopefully it will work for you, too.

Was this answer helpful?

1900+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-13T20:56:06+00:00

    I REALLY need help because Roblox is my favorite game and I want to go play it. by the way, how sneaky and devious are you???!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-13T20:51:20+00:00

    I was playing games and like, a few minutes in it started moving while I was walking around using the arrow keys. can you help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-16T14:39:08+00:00

    Turning off Paint did fix it but it started up again when I open Paint, I need it open so that is not an option.  It started with the last MS update.  My last laptop got an MS update that ruined the hard drives ability to boot up.  That's why I got a new one, is that going to happen to this one, too?  That could get expensive!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-09T09:05:45+00:00

    Yess you are a savoir! this was really bugging me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments