Do you have Microsoft Paint running? I was having the same issue, and that turned out to be the culprit. MS Paint has a feature that lets you move its pointer with the arrow keys, but this seems to get stuck sometimes so that even when it's minimized the arrows will still control the pointer. Closing all instances of paint fixed the problem for me, so hopefully it will work for you, too.
how do i turn off arrow keys moving mouse pointer?
i don't want my mouse pointer to move with me tapping my arrow keys. it makes navigating the sites/games i usually play SUPER frustrating. i've been trying to find the option to turn it off but the only help articles i can find are about Mouse Keys, which ive never turned on before because its useless to me. PLEASE help
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-05-26T11:16:17+00:00 For a drawing/editing tool, try Paint.net (website is getpaint.net). It is free, open source, has lots of functionalty, and has many, many add-ons you can find.
Gadwin Print Screen is a great snippet (screen shot) tool.
I actually ended up uninstalling MSPaint because I could not stop this "arrow" issue from happening every few weeks.
-
Anonymous
2021-05-25T22:17:37+00:00 Wow. I have been using MSPAINT for DECADES and have never experienced this issue before today. But that doesn't make it any less annoying. Particularly when you have dozens of MSPAINT windows open (I am terrible and need to find a better snippet/drawing tool LOL). Thanks! I learned something new to boot!
-
Anonymous
2021-05-14T22:15:35+00:00 What you wrote is useless. Stop trying to help people if this is all you're gonna write :P
-
Anonymous
2021-04-13T00:46:56+00:00 Yes! Shut down MS Paint and it fixed it. Thanks!