I have updated to the 1903 version, and that has fixed my broken keyboard, but I am still having high DPC errors, even after i have done the pre-requisites, I also noticed that the dpc spikes when i move my mouse, but when my mouse is not moving I get 400+ dpc latency, here is the windows version and the dpc latency test results:
High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys
Hello,
I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon.
I really want to know if there is a fix since I have browsed a wide range of sites trying to find a fix, I could not find any. And also my keyboard stopped working for some reason, if its ok I would like to find a fix for that, but I prioritize fixing the high latency over the keyboard.
Thank you for taking your time to read this.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-09-05T14:26:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-09-05T14:30:25+00:00 I know whats causing that, its the 18362.329 cumulative update. Uninstall it and block it.
Press Windows key + R
Type: appwiz.cpl
Hit Enter
Click View installed updates
Select the recent update KB4512941
Right click it then click uninstall.
Restart then check if stability/functionality is restored. If it is, proceed with the next steps.
The update will try to install again, so use the following to block it:
Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?
Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.
You can download it at the following link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
After downloading, launch it, click Next, wait while it detects pending Windows Updates.
Click the Hide Updates menu.
Scroll through the list then select then select the update. Check the box next to the update then click Next to confirm changes.
-
Anonymous
2019-09-05T15:04:25+00:00 I deleted the update file and when I opened my laptop everything was not laggy, but then it started to lag again, dpc latency going back up when I move my mouse. And also ive realized that my laptop works completely fine when its on safe mode, but I cant do everything in safe mode. And for some reason my background is now constantly black, and i'm not in safe mode.
-
Anonymous
2019-09-05T15:05:30+00:00 And also my lowest dpc latency went from 400 to 200.
-
Anonymous
2019-09-05T15:41:06+00:00 I found this thread on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/bu3...
It seems to be primary issue with Windows 10 1903 even prior to the recent cumulative update.
I would also recommend you file a bug report; send me the short link so I can vote on it and bring it to the attention of the Windows engineers.
https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/54-how-to-su...
Ultimately, it looks like the best option would be to rollback or downgrade to an earlier version of Windows 10.
If you open to doing that, here are the steps:
Step 1: Go to another working computer with Internet access, download Windows 10 1809 from the following link:
https://uupdump.ml/selectlang.php?id=48dd563c-8...
Choose the following:
- Windows Final
- Windows 10, version 1809
- Windows 10 Pro + Home
- English
- x64 (64 bit) x32 (32 bit)
Step 2: create a bootable copy
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...
Step 3: perform a custom install
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...
Step 4: how to recover your files from Windows.old:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Windows Update might attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 1903 again. See instructions how to block it:
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.