High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

Anonymous
2019-09-03T13:10:13+00:00

Hello,

I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon.

I really want to know if there is a fix since I have browsed a wide range of sites trying to find a fix, I could not find any. And also my keyboard stopped working for some reason, if its ok I would like to find a fix for that, but I prioritize fixing the high latency over the keyboard.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-05T17:01:32+00:00

    i think that it is the windows defender firewall that is causing the problem, because the first letters of each word stand for wdf, which is causing the issue. (w)indows (d)efender (f)irewall. im scared to turn it off, i dont know what would happen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-09-05T17:01:04+00:00

    I would run a couple scans on the system to see if it makes a difference:

    Open Start, type: CMD

    Right click CMD

    Click Run as administrator

    Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    Also run the System File Checker utility:

    Open Start, type: CMD

    Right click CMD

    Click Run as administrator

    At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow

    This will check for any integrity violations

    Restart your system

    Check your hard disk for any errors:

    Click Start

    Type: CMD, from the results, right click Command prompt

    Click 'Run as Administrator'

    At the Command Prompt, type: chkdsk /r /f

    Hit Enter

    When you restart your system, your computer will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-09-05T16:57:59+00:00

    now i am pretty sure that it is a windows service that caused the high dpc latency because i had everything off but the windows services.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-05T16:56:28+00:00

    I turned off all services and restarted and then i had a very large decrease in dpc latency, it felt as good as new, although Latencymon showed something else, it shows that i still have high dpc latency, but it felt very, very good. but after 10 minutes the high dpc latency came back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-09-05T16:35:01+00:00

    Thank you Le for the report.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments