Just right click on the taskbar, go to Search and click on Hidden. Then to search all you need to do is to hit the Windows key and type your search.
HATE THIS - Windows Search "Top Apps" - How do I remove it?
Is it possible to remove the "Top Apps" section of Windows Search.
I'm using
and the what I need removed is
I really hate anything to do with search history and that sort of thing and I really hate seeing this every time I try to do a search.
Please help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
There is no direct method to disable Top Apps (as of Version 2004), however you can try this workaround to skip Top Apps:
Right click on Taskbar and select Search > Hidden.
Now simply click on Start button or press Windows key and type your search query. This way you can skip Top Apps on the search fly-out you are seeing.
Hope this helps!
42 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-07-20T20:07:38+00:00 Have you had any luck with getting this to go away Netverse?
-
Anonymous
2019-08-17T20:18:53+00:00 Also have same issue. Microsoft please fix this!!
-
Anonymous
2019-08-18T03:21:09+00:00 I just noticed this today (Aug 17) and you're saying it come in with the June updates? Wow, I'm oblivious. But now that I know it's there, I want it gone. It's annoying and unnecessary. Microsoft, stop forcing this **** on us.