Just right click on the taskbar, go to Search and click on Hidden. Then to search all you need to do is to hit the Windows key and type your search.
HATE THIS - Windows Search "Top Apps" - How do I remove it?
Is it possible to remove the "Top Apps" section of Windows Search.
I'm using
and the what I need removed is
I really hate anything to do with search history and that sort of thing and I really hate seeing this every time I try to do a search.
Please help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
There is no direct method to disable Top Apps (as of Version 2004), however you can try this workaround to skip Top Apps:
Right click on Taskbar and select Search > Hidden.
Now simply click on Start button or press Windows key and type your search query. This way you can skip Top Apps on the search fly-out you are seeing.
Hope this helps!
42 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-08-01T16:59:06+00:00 I have a Top Apps, Top News, and a See More button that opens Bing.com with the Edge Browser. Why does MS think I need all this useless garbage cluttering up my Search?
I keep disabling Edge each time there is a Win update that re-installs Edge. 1. click on Edge icon 2. go to file location 3. change the Edge extension from .exe to, say, .bak or .****. Disabling Edge this way more effective than repeatedly changing your default browser in the Control Pane, it also reduces the amount of MS **** . I use Firefox, Chrome and, when MS absolutely insists (like going to their store) IE.
-
Anonymous
2020-08-01T18:09:40+00:00 Did you reset your default Browser in Settings, Apps. Default apps?
-
Anonymous
2020-08-01T19:53:45+00:00 Numerous times. Setting manipulation is only a temporary solution. Win updates override it. Disabling Edge by renaming the a part of the .exe file is longer lasting, but still not permanent. MS tries to override (some) default settings, I guess, in the hopes that the users will get tired of resetting their default application.