Just right click on the taskbar, go to Search and click on Hidden. Then to search all you need to do is to hit the Windows key and type your search.
HATE THIS - Windows Search "Top Apps" - How do I remove it?
Is it possible to remove the "Top Apps" section of Windows Search.
I'm using
and the what I need removed is
I really hate anything to do with search history and that sort of thing and I really hate seeing this every time I try to do a search.
Please help.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello,
There is no direct method to disable Top Apps (as of Version 2004), however you can try this workaround to skip Top Apps:
Right click on Taskbar and select Search > Hidden.
Now simply click on Start button or press Windows key and type your search query. This way you can skip Top Apps on the search fly-out you are seeing.
Hope this helps!
42 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-05-31T17:47:26+00:00 Just right click on the taskbar, go to Search and click on Hidden. Then to search all you need to do is to hit the Windows key and type your search.
As you can see in the screenshot, I have hidden the Search bar. I hate clutter on my taskbar. The task view is only there when CPU intensive applications don't let me press WinKey to switch virtual desktops.
That doesn't change a thing.
report this hate crime on my window 10 words on my search window and I want it to be move.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-01T01:17:23+00:00 Hi Jerome
If you read the actual issue and see the screenshots that everyone is posting, you will see that we are not complaining about the search bar. We are talking about how Microsoft has listed their version of "Top apps" when you click the search button or bar. We can't change it or delete it or unsee it. I'll attach another screenshot. Mine defaults to: Settings / Calculator / Snip & Sketch / Paint / Firefox. I don't even use Snip & Sketch or Paint! -Barbara
-
Anonymous
2020-07-31T04:06:42+00:00 I have a Top Apps, Top News, and a See More button that opens Bing.com with the Edge Browser. Why does MS think I need all this useless garbage cluttering up my Search?