HATE THIS - Windows Search "Top Apps" - How do I remove it?

Anonymous
2019-06-16T21:25:43+00:00

Is it possible to remove the "Top Apps" section of Windows Search.

I'm using 

and the what I need removed is

I really hate anything to do with search history and that sort of thing and I really hate seeing this every time I try to do a search.

Please help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-08-18T03:39:45+00:00

Just right click on the taskbar, go to Search and click on Hidden.  Then to search all you need to do is to hit the Windows key and type your search.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Kapil Arya 38,491 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2020-08-03T12:07:42+00:00

Hello,

There is no direct method to disable Top Apps (as of Version 2004), however you can try this workaround to skip Top Apps:

Right click on Taskbar and select Search > Hidden.

Now simply click on Start button or press Windows key and type your search query. This way you can skip Top Apps on the search fly-out you are seeing. 

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T17:44:52+00:00

    The solution described by .Scott, works geat.... and it has a side benefit of allowing you to eliminate the "New" tag that appears in the start menu app list (right click the app name and the "New" word goes away).

    Increasing your privacy settings has some consequences that are simply not published.  Once you get Win10 to behave as you like then crank in the security.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-05T04:56:58+00:00

    The windows key pulls up the start menu, not the search.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-09T22:56:24+00:00

    Hi guys, I believe this is what you're looking for. The five apps remaining on top of search will be the last windows apps. Hope that's it for you. 

    Settings > Privacy > Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments