Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files

Anonymous
2019-07-06T13:04:34+00:00

Hi, as per the title. All my pre-update User files are now in a folder with ".000" added to the name. I've already run into problems with programs using the non .000 path e.g. Dropbox. Is there an easy fix for this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-13T14:54:17+00:00

    Just wanted to comment saying this is still happening in May 2020.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-13T16:51:20+00:00

    I tried everything, spend hours on the phone with MS. We would update and roll back. What finally worked was to uninstall Zune. Then the update worked without creating a problem with Outlook. MS no longer makes Zune available, but I was able to find an install on the Internet and reinstalled Zune.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-13T16:51:50+00:00

    I tried everything, spend hours on the phone with MS. We would update and roll back. What finally worked was to uninstall Zune. Then the update worked without creating a problem with Outlook. MS no longer makes Zune available, but I was able to find an install on the Internet and reinstalled Zune.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-13T16:52:55+00:00

    I tried everything, spend hours on the phone with MS. We would update and roll back. What finally worked was to uninstall Zune. Then the update worked without creating a problem with Outlook. MS no longer makes Zune available, but I was able to find an install on the Internet and reinstalled Zune.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments