I tried everything, spend hours on the phone with MS. We would update and roll back. What finally worked was to uninstall Zune. Then the update worked without creating a problem with Outlook. MS no longer makes Zune available, but I was able to find an install on the Internet and reinstalled Zune.
Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files
Hi, as per the title. All my pre-update User files are now in a folder with ".000" added to the name. I've already run into problems with programs using the non .000 path e.g. Dropbox. Is there an easy fix for this?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-05-13T16:52:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-05-13T16:51:50+00:00 I tried everything, spend hours on the phone with MS. We would update and roll back. What finally worked was to uninstall Zune. Then the update worked without creating a problem with Outlook. MS no longer makes Zune available, but I was able to find an install on the Internet and reinstalled Zune.
-
Anonymous
2020-02-13T14:39:41+00:00 Greetings to all!
I was wondering...
Is this a joke?
It seems that every time I get a major update of Windows 10, something bad happens.
Now my Outlook won't work, because windows for some reason had to move my files to a username.000 folder.
Why would you release a buggy update worldwide if someone has posted and logged this particular bug HALF A YEAR AGO?
Everybody uses your OS, is there no one in your organisation that would check updates for bugs and problems?
And now I have to, what:
- Create a new profile?
- Copy all my data? (Hopefully some silent config doesn't delete my temp file by then)
- Reconfigure registry keys which allow secret silent installs of dumb apps I don't want using the bandwidth I pay for?
- Reset all default listening and logging preferences so Microsoft can't harvest ALL of my data? Wink wink*
- Probably some more little 5-minute actions down the line?
5 minutes on 5 minutes and an hour has gone by.
Last year I was publicly wondering how for the love of everything that is sacred does this OS still not have an option to manually select a Bluetooth driver. Dear developers, if there is a one in a million chance that the "automatic" option won't work, please give us a manual option. Some of us dabble in precision and things like this irritate the hell out of us.
Now, is there a patch which I can run that would fix this C:\Users[username].000 problem or do I have to use my scarce unassigned work hours to do it it myself?
Again, half a year has gone by since users have alerted Microsoft of this problem.
Thank you for your help, and please excuse my frustration.
-
Anonymous
2020-01-24T14:04:14+00:00 AMEN!!!