Edmund, it's so long since I've tried to use this app that I had forgotten what could and couldn't be done. You can add multiple contacts individually now but not Groups. You can use Groups if you use the app through the Apps link instead of the Messages link! So unless I've got a large message to or want to copy some text from my PC I don't bother.
Texting multiple recipients in Your Phone app
Hi,
I just downloaded and started using the Your Phone App. So far I like it, however, I can't figure out how to text multiple recipients on the same text. Am I missing something?
Thanks!
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-09-15T13:40:01+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-09-15T13:47:50+00:00 Hi Ed, while I'm not familiar with Surface Pro, the app works smoothly on ACER Windows 10 linked to Android phone and Your Phone (all latest versions). In step by step...Click on "New Message" - the "TO" box then highlights with blue border - enter first contact - the cursor automatically jumps back up to the "TO" box, now empty, again highlighted in blue, while the already entered contact has descended to just below the "TO" box, awaiting more entries in the "TO" box....far-fetched perhaps, might be worth it to uninstall Your Phone app and start from scratch, tho I suspect you've done that already, good luck!
-
Anonymous
2020-09-15T13:57:01+00:00 You start by hitting New Message. Then just start adding recipients on the right-hand column. After you select a recipient, it drops down and the TO field is ready for another.
Interesting that this works for you as the exact opposite happens for me. I get as far as "select a recipient" and it immediately creates a message for that recipient alone, and removes the "TO" field.
-
Anonymous
2020-09-15T13:58:54+00:00 Hi Ed, while I'm not familiar with Surface Pro, the app works smoothly on ACER Windows 10 linked to Android phone and Your Phone (all latest versions). In step by step...Click on "New Message" - the "TO" box then highlights with blue border - enter first contact - the cursor automatically jumps back up to the "TO" box, now empty, again highlighted in blue, while the already entered contact has descended to just below the "TO" box, awaiting more entries in the "TO" box....far-fetched perhaps, might be worth it to uninstall Your Phone app and start from scratch, tho I suspect you've done that already, good luck!
Actually I have not uninstalled as this feature has been missing for so long. However now that some users are finding it working I will try that and see if it changes the apps behavior. Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions!
-
Anonymous
2020-09-15T23:48:11+00:00 You start by hitting New Message. Then just start adding recipients on the right-hand column. After you select a recipient, it drops down and the TO field is ready for another.
Interesting that this works for you as the exact opposite happens for me. I get as far as "select a recipient" and it immediately creates a message for that recipient alone, and removes the "TO" field.
I find different behavior depending on whether there is already a message thread with the first recipient.
Try this: Enter the first name in the "To" Box. Rather than hitting enter, Right Click on the box. The box stays and the first name is dropped below as a recipient.