Texting multiple recipients in Your Phone app

Anonymous
2019-07-31T12:32:59+00:00

Hi,

I just downloaded and started using the Your Phone App.  So far I like it, however, I can't figure out how to text multiple recipients on the same text.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T15:22:25+00:00

    If you are sick of the Microsoft Your Phone app, you can uninstall it using the following procedure. Since the app is a broken POS, I recommend this.

    1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Windows PowerShell, right-click the top result and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall the app and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T16:26:56+00:00

    The app is excellent.  We are just trying to add functionality, or at least get a reply as to why you cant add multiple recipients.  

    Your Phone Companion is now built into new Samsung Phones.  Under Settings, find "Link to Windows". If the app has vanished from your Samsung phone, this is where it is.   You can also search "Your Phone Companion" and the settings page is still there, but it has been turned into "Link to Windows".

    If you are having an issue, cycle Link to Windows OFF and ON, and refresh Your Phone app on the PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T17:06:49+00:00

    The app is clearly not "excellent". It took me an hour to set up, and I am a software professional.

    But worse...much worse...is the fact that I cannot send text messages to multiple recipients!  This is a simple feature that is in EVERY text messaging app on the planet.

    Why can I not send text messages to multiple recipients? Why has Microsoft not addressed this issue for months and months? This issue was reported last fall, and we have not had even ONE response from Microsoft on this feature.

    Screw this nonsense. I recommend uninstalling this buggy, feature-poor app from your Windows 10 pc's, and your Android phones. Eff this ****.

    If Microsoft fixes this, I might come back. But, given their history on this, I doubt they will do anything at all. This is madness.

    Bye

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-17T15:20:56+00:00

    Just when I was thinking MS had finally put out a nice piece of software I run into this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-30T00:45:53+00:00

    Do you have an alternative app to use?  I am LOVING being able to have the interface between my phone and lap top, but the inability to set up multi person texts from my laptop is a MAJOR fail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments