Texting multiple recipients in Your Phone app

Anonymous
2019-07-31T12:32:59+00:00

Hi,

I just downloaded and started using the Your Phone App.  So far I like it, however, I can't figure out how to text multiple recipients on the same text.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T13:47:50+00:00

    Hi Ed, while I'm not familiar with Surface Pro, the app works smoothly on ACER Windows 10 linked to Android phone and Your Phone (all latest versions).  In step by step...Click on "New Message" - the "TO" box then highlights with blue border - enter first contact - the cursor automatically jumps back up to the "TO" box, now empty, again highlighted in blue, while the already entered contact has descended to just below the "TO" box, awaiting more entries in the "TO" box....far-fetched perhaps, might be worth it to uninstall Your Phone app and start from scratch, tho I suspect you've done that already, good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T13:40:01+00:00

    Edmund, it's so long since I've tried to use this app that I had forgotten what could and couldn't be done. You can add multiple contacts individually now but not Groups. You can use Groups if you use the app through the Apps link instead of the Messages link! So unless I've got a large message to or want to copy some text from my PC I don't bother.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T13:30:00+00:00

    You start by hitting New Message.  Then just start adding recipients on the right-hand column. After you select a recipient, it drops down and the TO field is ready for another.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T11:35:44+00:00

    They have fixed the app so that you can now type in new, multiple addresses from your laptop!!  I just discovered it in the last few days!  Thank you! 

    Greetings - I am using a Surface Pro running Windows 10 and "Your Phone" version 1.20082.141.0 (latest from Microsoft Store.  The app still does not appear to allow multiple selections from the contact list, instead as you type in a name and then select it, the program immediately begins (or continues) a text thread with the one individual contact.  Are you saying you are able to type in multiple contact names?  Could you explain the steps you are taking to have it send a group text?  Thank you for elaborating and clarifying!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-13T10:24:57+00:00

    Hallejuah over 12 months of frustration and in typical MS style they get round to fixing the issue but don't tell anyone! It now looks like a usable app at long last!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments