Texting multiple recipients in Your Phone app

Anonymous
2019-07-31T12:32:59+00:00

Hi,

I just downloaded and started using the Your Phone App.  So far I like it, however, I can't figure out how to text multiple recipients on the same text.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Connect Phone and PC

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T13:57:01+00:00

    You start by hitting New Message.  Then just start adding recipients on the right-hand column. After you select a recipient, it drops down and the TO field is ready for another. 

    Interesting that this works for you as the exact opposite happens for me.  I get as far as "select a recipient" and it immediately creates a message for that recipient alone, and removes the "TO" field.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-05T12:17:05+00:00

    Ok. another workaround along the lines of starting a text on the phone.

    Open Your Phone app on the computer. Go to the Phone Screen section. Since you are remotely operating the phone you can mouse over to the messaging app, everything works, and you are still on the PC.

    How nice would it be if someone at Microsoft would respond here and tell us what the plan is?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T16:26:56+00:00

    The app is excellent.  We are just trying to add functionality, or at least get a reply as to why you cant add multiple recipients.  

    Your Phone Companion is now built into new Samsung Phones.  Under Settings, find "Link to Windows". If the app has vanished from your Samsung phone, this is where it is.   You can also search "Your Phone Companion" and the settings page is still there, but it has been turned into "Link to Windows".

    If you are having an issue, cycle Link to Windows OFF and ON, and refresh Your Phone app on the PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-09-26T18:35:04+00:00

    Anybody have a solution for this?

    Once I enter a single recipient on the To line and resolve it, I can no longer edit the To line. If I include multiple, semi-colon delineated recipients by name, they will not resolve. I can "Reply All" to an existing text message and it will be sent to all recipients.

    Please do not reply with links to tutorials that do not specifically cover this topic. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-07-31T15:01:38+00:00

    Hi,

    To complement, however, I have verified and it does not show me the option because I have slow synchronization, try to apply these steps, if they are not available, it is likely that the option is not currently available, after the steps I add an article that informs everything related to the subject, where this option is not mentioned.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments