Instructions & support for de-installing Windows 10 and re-installing it

Anonymous
2019-06-16T00:18:25+00:00

Hello,

After lots of good help from several people, we've decided that my Windows 10 is corrupted, and it's causing the following issue:

     - Entering keyboard data into a 3rd party app.  (and even into Microsoft Word sometimes) causes the 1st two characters to be NOT typed into the App.

       and need to be re-typed.

All attempts to fix this have failed.       I have made nightly backups made of all my personal data.

Can someone in the Community send me the precise set of steps I need to follow, to successfully de-install and re-install the O/S ?

And could that same person help me during the process, with any questions or problems I encounter ?

Thank you,

Gary

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-17T21:38:17+00:00

    Oh, and I checked all the settings on UEFI BIOS.    All settings were correct, per your instructions.

    Why is this seemingly easy step so difficult ?

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-17T21:36:28+00:00

    Hi David,

    I can't get the PC to boot from the USB bootable flash drive on the PC.   After I do the Boot Order list change (as below), I shutdown the PC and then re-start it.   The PC boots into Windows 10, like normal.....it's not changing its Boot source....

    I changed the Boot Order in the Boot Order list, and put the "USB Floppy" at the top of the list

    That was chosen because the other USB choice is named "USB Storage", and the BIOS screen references my Western Digital

    2 TB Ext. Hard Drive .

    Or is the Flash drive considered a"USB Storage" device by the BIOS, and I should disconnect my 2 TB EHD....?

    And should I put "USB Storage" at the top of the Boot Order list ?

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-06-17T15:43:53+00:00

    Hi Gary

    Insert that installation media into your PC

    Then start your PC

    On the Manufacturers logo screen, repeatedly press F2 that should boot you into BIOS

    If it does not, try F10 or the Del key

    Then once in BIOS, find the boot order list and move the installation media to the top of that boot order list

    Save those settings (usually F10) and restart to begin the installation . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-17T15:39:11+00:00

    Hi DaveM121,

    I now have the bootable USB flash drive to start the process.

    You sent: 

    Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10

    I don't understand the steps I do for the above*.   What do I do to "boot from this Installation media" I created ?*

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-06-16T15:30:15+00:00

    Hi Gary

    Those instructions come from years of installing Windows (7, 8 and 10) on hundreds of PC's

    Honestly, my mantra is always KISS (Keep it Simple and Straightforward), I have found that articles that link off into other articles can become like spaghetti and the user can sometimes get lost going form page to page

    Once you have created the bootable Windows 10 installation media, follow those steps and Windows 10 should install with no problem . .

    I will be here for a good while yet, if you have any difficulty ith the steps, come back and we can work through it . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments