Instructions & support for de-installing Windows 10 and re-installing it

Anonymous
2019-06-16T00:18:25+00:00

Hello,

After lots of good help from several people, we've decided that my Windows 10 is corrupted, and it's causing the following issue:

     - Entering keyboard data into a 3rd party app.  (and even into Microsoft Word sometimes) causes the 1st two characters to be NOT typed into the App.

       and need to be re-typed.

All attempts to fix this have failed.       I have made nightly backups made of all my personal data.

Can someone in the Community send me the precise set of steps I need to follow, to successfully de-install and re-install the O/S ?

And could that same person help me during the process, with any questions or problems I encounter ?

Thank you,

Gary

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T14:59:38+00:00

    I have no product key. 

    Logged into office.com.   Do NOT see "Subscriptions and Licenses" anywhere.  Please advise....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-06-19T14:35:34+00:00

    Hi Gary

    Do you have a Product Key for Office that you can use to re-install Office?

    If not, go to http://www.office.com and if you're not already signed in, select Sign in

    Under Subscriptions and Licences, do you see your Office 2013 licence listed there?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T13:53:51+00:00

    David,

    As shown in earlier messages,  this PC was purchased in August 2014, with Windows 7 installed. 

    It came with Microsoft Office Home & Business 2013   Please help me to get these Apps. installed.

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T13:51:24+00:00

    David,

    Haven't downloaded the WD EHD software yet.  Will do in a few hours.

    Question:  How do I get my Windows 10 Office Home edition ?

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T10:26:05+00:00

    B R E A K I N G    N E W S  ! !

    THE OWNERSHIP THING IS STILL RUNNING, BUT I NOW HAVE ACCESS TO ALL OF MY PERSONAL FILES ON THE EHD.    And all my photos too.

    Not clear why I can do this, w/o the WD EHD software....... But I'll install it later, cuz I need it for my nightly back-ups.

    Any advice ?

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments