Instructions & support for de-installing Windows 10 and re-installing it

Anonymous
2019-06-16T00:18:25+00:00

Hello,

After lots of good help from several people, we've decided that my Windows 10 is corrupted, and it's causing the following issue:

     - Entering keyboard data into a 3rd party app.  (and even into Microsoft Word sometimes) causes the 1st two characters to be NOT typed into the App.

       and need to be re-typed.

All attempts to fix this have failed.       I have made nightly backups made of all my personal data.

Can someone in the Community send me the precise set of steps I need to follow, to successfully de-install and re-install the O/S ?

And could that same person help me during the process, with any questions or problems I encounter ?

Thank you,

Gary

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T20:44:53+00:00

    Hello DavidM121,

    Finally found Office's sub-components.  

    So I now have Excel, Outlook, and Word as icons on my Task Bar.      Excellent.

    I've installed the Western Digital EHD software for backups.

    Plus I imported my Bookmarks to Firefox.

    Next step is to install the  Ham radio apps., and eventually will be ready to repeat the tests, to see if our Re-Install fixed those bizarre symptoms.

    And import my Contacts to Outlook

    Stick with me, please.      Your support has been world-class.   Thank you.

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-06-19T17:16:54+00:00

    Hi Gary

    On the Start Menu, is an alphabetical list of installed applications

    Scroll down that list to M

    Do you see a Microsoft Office folder

    If so, open that and your should see Word, Excel . . etc.)

    You can drag each one of those onto your Desktop to create a Desktop shortcut

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T17:03:21+00:00

    David,

    I successfully used the Product Key and installed the Office suite.

    But....no icon was installed that is associated with opening the Office apps.      All I see is an Office icon that is associated with the download of the Set-up software.     I followed their advice, and stored that file on my Desktop. 

    I don't see any icon to open Office, or to open Word, or open Excel, or open Outlook.

    What are the next steps ?

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-06-19T15:39:14+00:00

    Hi Gary

    Under your last post, click the 3 dots and choose 'Edit'

    Please remove that product key form your post, you don't want others seeing that, this is a public forum . . .

    Log into https://account.microsoft.com/services/

    Under 'Have an Office Product' click 'Enter Product Key'

    From there you can install Office . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T15:34:53+00:00

    David,

    A miracle.....I found the Product Key.

    FNWBD-WVDYF-C479D-67BNY-K73TP for Microsoft Office H&B 2013 (its official name)

    What do I do next ?

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments