Instructions & support for de-installing Windows 10 and re-installing it

Anonymous
2019-06-16T00:18:25+00:00

Hello,

After lots of good help from several people, we've decided that my Windows 10 is corrupted, and it's causing the following issue:

     - Entering keyboard data into a 3rd party app.  (and even into Microsoft Word sometimes) causes the 1st two characters to be NOT typed into the App.

       and need to be re-typed.

All attempts to fix this have failed.       I have made nightly backups made of all my personal data.

Can someone in the Community send me the precise set of steps I need to follow, to successfully de-install and re-install the O/S ?

And could that same person help me during the process, with any questions or problems I encounter ?

Thank you,

Gary

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-07-19T14:14:20+00:00

    Hi DaveM121,

    I'm in the horns of a dilemma.   Need your help.

    HISTORY

    The Windows 10 Re-install we did resulted in my Ham Radio apps. operating very fast, doing Look-ups instantaneously.

    And at that point, my PC had been totally re-populated with everything I had before.....EXCEPT MalwareBytes.

    With support from their tech., I downloaded and installed MalwareBytes, and did the Look-up performance test.

    The response time was awful.  Even after optimizing a range of parameters, in their software - the fastest we could get the Ham Radio Look-ups to be was 3 seconds......which is far from instantaneous.

    NON-EXPERT ANALYSIS

    Is is possible that, during my download and installing MalwareBytes and during the testing.....that there was a Windows Update ?

    If so - maybe that caused the poor performance ?

    Or - MalwareBytes' software must be modifying some key instructions somewhere.....that when it's installed causes this big slowdown on performance......?

    NEXT STEPS

    If I take the plunge and do another complete Windows 10 Reinstall......what is your confidence level that I'll get back to the "instantaneous" response ?           (I WILL NOT RE-INSTALL MALWAREBYTES).

    If your confidence level is high or very high - I'll do the Re-install.

    Without your expressed high confidence - I'll keep the PC how it is right now.

    Gary

    If readers of this message have some  experience on this topic, please reply.   Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-28T00:42:44+00:00

    Hello again DaveM121,

    Need your guidance and wisdom once again.  Here's the current situation.

    YOU'LL RECALL:

    After my PC was restored, with a clean Re-Installed Windows 10, a re-install of the Office Apps, my browsers, and download of the Ham Radio apps.  (DXlab Suite) was done.

    Performance testing showed excellent results, with Look-ups taking < 1 second, "almost instantaneous."   (They had taken >6 seconds before Re-install).

    NEW INSTALL & TESTING

    With that blazing speed, I did the last critical step, and downloaded MalwareBytes.  It was widely thought that their anti-Malware tools were interfering with DXkeeper's Look-up.  With great support from MalwareBytes' Tech. Support, I did Look-up testing, and the results were very disappointing.

    What had been "nearly instantaneous" Look-ups were now slowed down, to 2-->3 seconds.

    MalwareBytes sent me instructions to reset or set several different "internal" parameters in their Settings pages.  And they even had me install their Beta version.   None of these made any difference in the Look-up response time.   

    Instantaneous Look-ups have been slowed down to 3-second Look-ups. .    Unacceptable.

    COMPLETE (..?..) REMOVAL OF MALWAREBYTES

    MalwareBytes had me download and use a special tool, and I thought I did a total clean-up & removal of the software from my PC.  I then re-tested performance, after doing a Re-Start.  

    Performance has NOT returned to its "NON-MalwareBytes" performance.    A Look-up was still taking >2 or 3 seconds. 

    This is telling me that there still ARE some MalwareBytes data elements and software in my PC that are interfering with the Look-ups.

    Do you agree ?

    Do you have tools to search for and wipe clean anything associated with MalwareBytes ?  I've described this situation to MalwareBytes and waiting for their response.  

    Warm regards,

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-06-21T19:20:41+00:00

    Hi Gary

    I am sorry, we are not allowed to do that, but have no fear, If you post to MS Community in the future, I will find your post, I will mark your profile and keep an eye on any new threads you create in the future . . .

    And a great weekend to you also!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-21T19:14:48+00:00

    David,

    How do I find you and connect with you in any future Community issues I have ?  

    Is there a way I can direct my initial question to you ?

    If not, what are the Windows segments (whatever the term is) you're  "associated with" so you'll see my Community question ?

    Have a great weekend,

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-06-21T15:56:11+00:00

    Hi Gary

    Sorry, I was offline for a while there . . .

    I am really happy this all worked out for you, it was a pleasure to work with you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments