It did not appear to solve the problem. See screenshot. When I did delete all the files there were only four left. do you need to know what those were?
Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte
Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage. He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time. Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage. I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything. It said it could not find anything wrong. I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-04-07T12:53:58+00:00 -
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2019-04-07T12:58:24+00:00 Hi James
Okay, that happens sometimes, please see the solution posted on this thread, it is a bit involved, so you should follow the steps from that page:
________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-07T13:11:41+00:00 I don't see the solution. Is there a link I can follow?
-
Anonymous
2019-04-07T13:39:04+00:00 Dave: I don't see the solution. Is there a link I can follow?
-
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2019-04-07T13:40:54+00:00 Hi James,
Mea culpa, I forgot the link . . .
https://superuser.com/questions/1371229/windows...
________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.