Hi James
You can safely delete everything in that Temp folder, none of those files are required by your system in general
If a file or two refuses to delete, don't worry about that, those are in use at the moment . . .
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage. He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time. Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage. I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything. It said it could not find anything wrong. I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi James
You can safely delete everything in that Temp folder, none of those files are required by your system in general
If a file or two refuses to delete, don't worry about that, those are in use at the moment . . .
just the files in that folder or the entire folder?
Hi James, just the files inside the Temp folder, not the folder itself . . .
I just want to make sure I am doing this right in the Background apps section. I have it open. At the top of form it says Let apps run in the background. Right now it is selected to on. Do I turn that off and if I do does it turn all the apps underneath it off? Or do I need to turn them off individually. When I turn my computer back on, do I come back to this same spot and turn them back on or does it do it automatically on a reboot?
Hi James
You can either turn off all background apps or you should manually disable all background apps you do not need running in the background of Windows, but especially the Mail and People apps
There is no need to go back in and re-enable any of those apps after a restart, unless you actually want them running in the background . . .