Dave: The first three screenshots are from yesterday morning. Then the rest are from this morning
Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte
Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage. He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time. Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage. I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything. It said it could not find anything wrong. I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-04-07T11:52:48+00:00 -
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2019-04-07T12:00:28+00:00 Hi James
Thanks for the updated Pics . ..
Open Windows File Explorer, go to C:\Windows\Temp, is that filling up with lots of evtx files?
-
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2019-04-07T12:20:50+00:00 Hi James
Yes, I thought it may be evtx files . . .
Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)
Go to Privacy - Background Apps
Disable all background Apps, especially the Mail and the People App
Go into that Temp folder and delete everything
Restart your PC and see if that file generation has stopped or if it continues . . .
-
Anonymous
2019-04-07T12:30:30+00:00 Dave: I scrolled down the windows temp screen and I saw other event logs with different names and different KB's next to them. Will list them here. Most have the same KB's next to them but they are spread out over several days
appxerrorrep - 1KB
Aaria.debug - 1KB
Home - 11-300 KB'S
MW appreadiness - 1092 KB
MW - appx-deployment - 5188 KB
MW appx packaging - 1092 kb
MW settings sync deb - 1092 kb
mw setting syc ope - 1092 kb
MW state repository - 5188 kb
MW store operations 9524 kb
MW windows update - 1092 KB
system - 8620 KB
Then there are three WBT files that are 102400 kb each