Looks like it is the Apple computer that is taking up a lot of the room. That could be my one drive. I still don't think that is the thing causing my temporary files to increase daily. I will include another screenshot
Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte
Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage. He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time. Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage. I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything. It said it could not find anything wrong. I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-04-05T17:20:40+00:00 -
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2019-04-06T06:07:22+00:00 Hi James, sorry, I was offline . . .
Please past another screenshot of TreeSize, I need to compare that to a previous shot to locate the difference in folder size and narrow this down as to a cause . . .
-
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2019-04-06T12:51:38+00:00 Hi James
Thank you for the screenshots . . .
So it is your Windows folder that is increasing in size, there is a 4GB increase since yesterday
To narrow this down further and to possibly find the cause of this, in TreeSize expand out the Windows Folder, and take a screenshot, then wait a couple of hours and do the same.
Then please post both screenshots and once I have worked out which sub-folder is increasing, we should know the cause of all this . . .