I did what you suggested and downloaded the software. Shown here is the result
Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte
Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage. He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time. Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage. I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything. It said it could not find anything wrong. I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-04-05T14:01:05+00:00 -
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2019-04-05T14:03:07+00:00 Hi James
Everything there looks very normal, with the exception of the users folder
Expand that folder in TreeSize and check for any sub-folder that should not be taking up unexpected space . . .
-
DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2019-04-05T15:12:32+00:00 Hi James, yes, that does seem to be a huge archive of Outlook files, it is taking nearly 16GB of space
Do you keep your Email data going back a long time?
-
Anonymous
2019-04-05T15:32:46+00:00 No I don;t need to keep old emails. I can probably figure out how to get to that but what I don't understand is why the temporary files are expanding rapidly. I generally delete many of my emails in my deleted folder on a regular basis. Even if I delete them, I fear that the temporary files will continue to increase.