Temporary files increasing every day by the gigabyte

Anonymous
2019-04-05T12:22:36+00:00

Yesterday I went to a computer repair person because I was getting messages that I was out of storage.  He had never heard of this problem but he ran a piece of software and said I would be good for a long time.  Well since yesterday another 6 gigs of temporary files have appeared in my storage.  I read some other articles first in this forum and tried the troubleshooter method and that didn't do anything.  It said it could not find anything wrong.  I don't want to bring it back to the computer repair person because he was just as perplexed as I am right now.

James

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 936.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2019-04-08T10:38:24+00:00

    Hi James, I am really glad this is resolved, well done !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-08T10:24:55+00:00

    HOO-RAY!   No more building up temporary files.  Attached is picture of my storage after 24 hours.  Very little increase in temporary files.  WE DID IT!!   Thank you again so much.  I promise I will pay it forward in my own way of helping.

    James

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-07T23:08:58+00:00

    Good news. Hope it stays that way, and that the procedures you performed won't cause trouble when future updates try to install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-07T22:15:15+00:00

    I don't think so.  I got some great help from this Forum that solved my problem.  It appears to be holding without adding any more temporary files

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-07T20:01:57+00:00

    Could your computer be cryptojacked?

    How to tell if you’ve Been Cryptojacked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments