Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

Anonymous
2019-03-05T07:27:52+00:00

I just installed the latest Windows Update, but after installing it, my PC can no longer connect to wi-fi. The network troubleshooter only tells me to connect an ethernet cable and doesn't offer any solutions for how to fix the wireless connection at all. In fact, everything that had to do with wireless connections in Network and Internet Settings seems to be missing entirely. Connecting using an ethernet cable is now the only way to connect to the Internet on my PC. It's inexcusable for a Windows Update to do this to my PC.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-09T06:46:50+00:00

    Have you check if bluetooth commectivity Is working?
    Also, try uninstalling realtek adapter and the install again the driver for wireless I gave you before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-09T14:08:38+00:00

    Have you check if bluetooth commectivity Is working? 

    Bluetooth works, although I should clarify that my computer doesn't have Bluetooth capabilities on its own, I have to connect a Bluetooth adapter in order to have Bluetooth features. When I said all the wireless capabilities of my PC have been disabled, I should have said it was specifically only my Wi-Fi connection that no longer works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-03-09T18:26:11+00:00

    Do you suppose that installing and plugging in a wifi adapter like this would work? 

    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CCMUN8C/ref=cm\_sw\_r\_cp\_apa\_i\_6iaHCbTKYPR0W

    I've already wasted several days worth of my free time dealing with this problem and have gotten nowhere. If I can buy an adapter for $15 and workaround the problem that way, I'd be willing to do it. It's outrageous that Windows Update ruined my wifi connection and I have to spend money to get around it, but if it means not wasting any more time on this, that would be worth it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-03-09T20:11:20+00:00

    It should be a solution.

    However before buying that, try to download and install this driver:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversFo...

    If the previous doesn't work, try this:

    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversFo...

    Reboot after installing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-03-11T16:42:26+00:00

    just wanted to know if these got to you so you can send me the same kinda link you did for the other person who is having the same problem as I. please let me know so i can get the information you need. thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments