do you have one of those links for a Acer aspire 5251-1513
Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update
I just installed the latest Windows Update, but after installing it, my PC can no longer connect to wi-fi. The network troubleshooter only tells me to connect an ethernet cable and doesn't offer any solutions for how to fix the wireless connection at all. In fact, everything that had to do with wireless connections in Network and Internet Settings seems to be missing entirely. Connecting using an ethernet cable is now the only way to connect to the Internet on my PC. It's inexcusable for a Windows Update to do this to my PC.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-03-08T21:29:27+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-03-08T22:08:54+00:00 Ok then download and install this driver:
Wireless: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversFo...
Bluetooth:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversFo...
Then reboot and check if the features are back
I downloaded them, but when I open the setup.exe for either one, it results in an error message:
-
Anonymous
2019-03-08T23:57:01+00:00 I downloaded them, but when I open the setup.exe for either one, it results in an error message:
Never mind about the error message. I was getting the error message because I was trying to open the setup.exe file without extracting it from the zip file first. I extracted the files and was able to install the wireless driver. I have restarted, but wi-fi connectivity has not returned.
Here is what my network adapters in the device manager looks like now: