Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

Anonymous
2019-03-05T07:27:52+00:00

I just installed the latest Windows Update, but after installing it, my PC can no longer connect to wi-fi. The network troubleshooter only tells me to connect an ethernet cable and doesn't offer any solutions for how to fix the wireless connection at all. In fact, everything that had to do with wireless connections in Network and Internet Settings seems to be missing entirely. Connecting using an ethernet cable is now the only way to connect to the Internet on my PC. It's inexcusable for a Windows Update to do this to my PC.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-05T23:40:20+00:00

    I am now retrying all of the steps you listed above again, although I don't know if that's going to help. 

    I have now tried all of the suggested steps at least twice.

    The only instance of seemingly achieving any progress was the first time I performed a clean boot, when the wifi connection actually worked. But after that, I tried following the steps to isolate the problem and then after restarting the computer, all of my wireless features have disappeared again. I have tried repeating the entire sequence of steps again, but the wifi hasn't worked again. It just worked that one time, but I don't know why it was different that time. 

    I have been trying to fix this for over 11 hours, but haven't been able to connect back to wifi.

    I would like to know if rolling back the Windows Update is an option and, if so, how to do that and how to prevent Windows from updating again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-05T21:33:11+00:00

    I have already tried alternating between normal boot, with everything enabled, and clean boot, with everything disabled, multiple times.  I still have not been able to get the wifi connection to come back.

    I am now retrying all of the steps you listed above again, although I don't know if that's going to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-03-05T21:30:50+00:00

    i am having that same problem can not find my wifi button at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-03-05T21:21:45+00:00

    Then try to perform a normal boot, selecting It on the First Page of msconfig. Once rebooted, try again the procedure of clean boot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-03-05T20:44:34+00:00

    It shouldn't be saying "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC." This problem only started after Windows Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments