Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly

Anonymous
2019-04-28T18:28:18+00:00

Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. This is infuriating and I've been looking for a solution for about a month to no avail. This needs to be fixed as it online PC gaming unplayable. I can't stream either since the stream cuts out. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since it ONLY happens to the PC, no other devices. All answers blaming it on my internet will be ignored.

I used to have another PC and it didn't have this issue strangely. But literally as soon as I opened up my new PC, this issue started.

I've  done a lot of searching and pretty much tried every single option under the sun which includes:

Turning off 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' on my network adapter

Turning off IPV6 addresses

Restarting the PC

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-08T22:25:53+00:00

    So it seems that the regular internet does have the same issue too but it's much, much rarer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-10T20:57:43+00:00

    I'm just coming to update this thread to say the issue is still happening.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-10T20:58:10+00:00

    Hello, any news on which options I should use in the disk cleaner?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-10T21:12:56+00:00

    Open an admin command prompt.  Enter the command below and make note of where it is stored.  It is a log and may be hard to understand so you may want to make it available.

    The way I check it is to try to find common events when the system is working correctly and when it isn't.  Keeping accurate records of times when events occur will help analyze the events in the log so you can tie the real world occurrences to the log.

    netsh wlan show wlanreport

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-05-10T21:21:51+00:00

    .html file

    .xml file

    .cab file

    I hope these three report files are what you needed.

    If you want I can also provide another report on the 5G connection tomorrow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments