Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly

Anonymous
2019-04-28T18:28:18+00:00

Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. This is infuriating and I've been looking for a solution for about a month to no avail. This needs to be fixed as it online PC gaming unplayable. I can't stream either since the stream cuts out. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since it ONLY happens to the PC, no other devices. All answers blaming it on my internet will be ignored.

I used to have another PC and it didn't have this issue strangely. But literally as soon as I opened up my new PC, this issue started.

I've  done a lot of searching and pretty much tried every single option under the sun which includes:

Turning off 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' on my network adapter

Turning off IPV6 addresses

Restarting the PC

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-29T22:19:15+00:00

    Hello,

    On the platform, I only see our conversation, not the answers you made to others experts.

    So, in our conversation you did not tell me before your w10 version nor your antivirus

    Upgrade to 1809.

    Clean your drive using cleanmgr command in admin mode.

    Type cleanmgr in Windows search area + Enter.

    > Right click on Disk cleanup > Run as administrator.

    Install Windows 10 version 1809 by downloading it from this page

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-29T23:45:12+00:00

    Alright, I'll do this and get back to you when I do, thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-29T23:47:04+00:00

    Nice :)

    I'll be there to read your answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Kapil Arya 38,476 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2019-04-30T08:43:38+00:00

    Hello,

    Try to perform Network Reset:

    1. Open Settings app, click Network & Internet > Status > Network reset link.
    2. Now click on Reset button on next screen.
    3. In confirmation prompt appearing next, click Yes.

    Let us know if this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-30T16:52:10+00:00

    Great, if updating my PC and following the other steps doesn't work I'll give this one ago. (I have a workflow that gets disturbed if I have to close everything and I don't want to turn off my PC just yet.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments