Nice :)
I'll be there to read your answer.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. This is infuriating and I've been looking for a solution for about a month to no avail. This needs to be fixed as it online PC gaming unplayable. I can't stream either since the stream cuts out. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since it ONLY happens to the PC, no other devices. All answers blaming it on my internet will be ignored.
I used to have another PC and it didn't have this issue strangely. But literally as soon as I opened up my new PC, this issue started.
I've done a lot of searching and pretty much tried every single option under the sun which includes:
Turning off 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' on my network adapter
Turning off IPV6 addresses
Restarting the PC
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Nice :)
I'll be there to read your answer.
Alright, I'll do this and get back to you when I do, thanks.
Hello,
On the platform, I only see our conversation, not the answers you made to others experts.
So, in our conversation you did not tell me before your w10 version nor your antivirus
Upgrade to 1809.
Clean your drive using cleanmgr command in admin mode.
Type cleanmgr in Windows search area + Enter.
> Right click on Disk cleanup > Run as administrator.
Install Windows 10 version 1809 by downloading it from this page
I already answered all of these.
Except I made a mistake before. I accidentally said my Windows version was 1809, but it's 1803. If you want the build number, it's 17134.706.
If you read my previous posts, I provided a link to my PC, so you could see the exact model and brand.
I also told you already my antivirus was Windows Defender.
All my questions
What are the exact brand and model of the PC ?
What is the exact version of Windows 10 ?
Open run window with Win+R.
Now type winver + Enter.
Then post a screnshot of the result or copy it in your next answer.
What is your antivirus ?