Hello, I've opened the Disk Cleanup app as admin, any specific settings you want me to use?
Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly
Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. This is infuriating and I've been looking for a solution for about a month to no avail. This needs to be fixed as it online PC gaming unplayable. I can't stream either since the stream cuts out. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since it ONLY happens to the PC, no other devices. All answers blaming it on my internet will be ignored.
I used to have another PC and it didn't have this issue strangely. But literally as soon as I opened up my new PC, this issue started.
I've done a lot of searching and pretty much tried every single option under the sun which includes:
Turning off 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' on my network adapter
Turning off IPV6 addresses
Restarting the PC
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2019-05-06T23:27:23+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-05-06T23:14:58+00:00 I gave this a try, I'll let you know if my disconnects are solved.
Edit: The issue still persists, this actually made it even more frequent!
-
Anonymous
2019-05-06T01:44:46+00:00 Hello everyone, apologies for the delay. I am updating my PC now and I'll tell you all how that goes after I follow the additional steps.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-30T16:52:10+00:00 Great, if updating my PC and following the other steps doesn't work I'll give this one ago. (I have a workflow that gets disturbed if I have to close everything and I don't want to turn off my PC just yet.)
-
Kapil Arya 38,476 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2019-04-30T08:43:38+00:00 Hello,
Try to perform Network Reset:
- Open Settings app, click Network & Internet > Status > Network reset link.
- Now click on Reset button on next screen.
- In confirmation prompt appearing next, click Yes.
Let us know if this helps!