- Every time I reconnect (I use the Wi-Fi icon menu on the right of the taskbar), the option to auto reconnect is unchecked by default. Sometimes I forget to check it, but it seems to make no difference and it seems regardless I have to disconnect and reconnect to get the connection back. It seems to come back after a while but reconnecting helps to regain connection immediately.
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I had another PC which never had this issue, and this is why I believe it's not a router issue, since it's always worked great and never once failed me in such a manner.
Maybe I should also clarify, when the computer disconnects, on the Wi-Fi menu, it still shows 'Connected, Secured', and eventually switches to 'No Internet, Secured', until I reconnect or wait a while as stated above.
There's also no signs of the internet connection getting worse before a disconnect. Amazing speeds, 20-40 ping, and then suddenly complete nothing.
The connect automatically option should stay checked one that option is selected.
Maybe we need to look at the bolded text above. You may still have a connection to a router but not all the way to the internet. If that were the case, the Wi-Fi adapter would not know it needed to reset because that would be a function of the router.
If you try to do something like check your email, would the system come back?