Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly

Anonymous
2019-04-28T18:28:18+00:00

Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. This is infuriating and I've been looking for a solution for about a month to no avail. This needs to be fixed as it online PC gaming unplayable. I can't stream either since the stream cuts out. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since it ONLY happens to the PC, no other devices. All answers blaming it on my internet will be ignored.

I used to have another PC and it didn't have this issue strangely. But literally as soon as I opened up my new PC, this issue started.

I've  done a lot of searching and pretty much tried every single option under the sun which includes:

Turning off 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' on my network adapter

Turning off IPV6 addresses

Restarting the PC

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-11T00:47:16+00:00

    Thank you for info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-11T00:44:20+00:00

    You open an admin command prompt and type ping X.X.X.X(real address removed) which I believe is the IP address of your Gateway/Router..

    If it says unreachable then that connection is not there.  If it works then you know it is not the Wi-Fi adapter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-11T00:35:09+00:00

    Okay. How is this done?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-11T00:15:57+00:00

    The next time it happens, try pinging your gateway.  That would show you if the local network was still viable but the connection past that is at fault.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-05-10T23:22:26+00:00

    No, nothing would bring it back until I reconnected. The automatic re-connection does not seem to help it come back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments