Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly

Anonymous
2019-04-28T18:28:18+00:00

Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. This is infuriating and I've been looking for a solution for about a month to no avail. This needs to be fixed as it online PC gaming unplayable. I can't stream either since the stream cuts out. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since it ONLY happens to the PC, no other devices. All answers blaming it on my internet will be ignored.

I used to have another PC and it didn't have this issue strangely. But literally as soon as I opened up my new PC, this issue started.

I've  done a lot of searching and pretty much tried every single option under the sun which includes:

Turning off 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' on my network adapter

Turning off IPV6 addresses

Restarting the PC

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-12T12:54:20+00:00

    Then it looks like you can't get to the Gateway, which means either the Gateway is bad or the Wi-Fi card is bad.  A bad Wi-Fi card should show some indications on your system.

    I can only see three possibilities.  Reset the Wi-Fi card and reinstall all drivers which you have done. Replace the Wi-fi card or get an external one with which you could test.  Lastly, which may not be easy, is replace your Gateway or at least check for firmware updates for it.  If it is an ISP supplied device, they might be able to check it or provide firmware/replacement.

    I am assuming all lights on your Gateway are indicating normally.

    If you could try a wired connection that might give some info regarding the gateway operation but might not help on the Wireless front.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-12T04:12:00+00:00

    Alright, apologies for the misunderstanding from before. I have waited for a disconnect, and then pinged the correct IP.

    C:\Users\Roadh>ping 192.168.0.1

    Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

    Request timed out.

    Request timed out.

    Request timed out.

    Request timed out.

    Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1:

    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

    So, it seems that there is no response during a disconnect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-11T23:14:04+00:00

    Hello, I was under the impression this was not the correct IP since that didn't work even though I was connected. However, I had simply made a typo.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-11T20:11:27+00:00

    You  needed to ping your Gateway which is the modem or router or whatever is the first device your network goes to.

    If you want it again, the address is 192.168.0.1   Pinging the local host is just pinging the computer you are on.

    If you can ping the Gateway then you Wi-Fi is working and you should get the same type response you got from the 127.0.0.1 ping.  If you ping something like Google.com and it does not work then the Internet connection is compromised.

    Should look like the ping below.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 192.168.0.1

    Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

    Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

    Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

    Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

    Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

    Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1:

        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

        Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-05-11T19:21:18+00:00

    C:\Users\Roadh>ping localhost

    Pinging LAPTOP-12T7TS9T [::1] with 32 bytes of data:

    Reply from ::1: time<1ms

    Reply from ::1: time<1ms

    Reply from ::1: time<1ms

    Reply from ::1: time<1ms

    Ping statistics for ::1:

    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

    C:\Users\Roadh>ping 127.0.0.1

    Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:

    Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

    Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

    Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

    Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

    Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

    I tried pinging both localhost, and 127.0.0.1, this was while the computer disconnected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments