Computer Disconnects From Internet randomly

Anonymous
2019-04-28T18:28:18+00:00

Hey, my PC keeps randomly disconnecting from the internet. Every 10 or so minutes I have to go to the Wi-Fi settings, disconnect it and reconnect to get my internet back. This is infuriating and I've been looking for a solution for about a month to no avail. This needs to be fixed as it online PC gaming unplayable. I can't stream either since the stream cuts out. This is definitely NOT an internet issue since it ONLY happens to the PC, no other devices. All answers blaming it on my internet will be ignored.

I used to have another PC and it didn't have this issue strangely. But literally as soon as I opened up my new PC, this issue started.

I've  done a lot of searching and pretty much tried every single option under the sun which includes:

Turning off 'allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' on my network adapter

Turning off IPV6 addresses

Restarting the PC

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-12T23:44:01+00:00

    Uninstalling my Wi-Fi card and reinstalling it seems risky. I have decided to buy a Wi-Fi extender with an Ethernet port. When it arrives in the mail, I will use it to see if my computer stays connected through an Ethernet cable.

    If it's a Wi-Fi card issue, this is a cheap and efficient way to go around that, I just need to hope the Ethernet stuff is working too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-12T18:47:48+00:00

    Since it is an ASUS system, you should have a download site for them.  Since it is a 9560 Wi-Fi adapter, you may need to update your chipset and or Bios, just in case.

    If you want one from Intel from the link below.

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/97687/Intel-Wireless-9000-Series

    You might as well download both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-12T17:54:58+00:00

    "The fact an older system works doesn't necessarily mean a new system will behave the same." I know.... when did I say it did? I literally said it behaved differently, indicating there's something wrong here that wasn't present before.

    So, I don't know where I'd download the driver from for my Wi-Fi card, or where to start looking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-12T17:45:01+00:00

    The fact an older system works doesn't necessarily mean a new system will behave the same.

    You may want to just wait until Tuesday to see if the new Win 10 build comes out.

    If you want to try to reset it, what I do is download the appropriate driver for the Wi-Fi card.  Have it available and then go offline.  While you are doing this you may want to shutdown your other network devices and restart them before you go back online.

    Use the Device Manager to uninstall the Wi-Fi adapter and check the box to uninstall all drivers.  Once that is done an possibility after a reboot, install the downloaded driver.  Once it is installed, go back online and hopefully, your problems will stop.

    There are literally hundreds of threads with folks having problems regarding losing their network connections.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-05-12T17:15:19+00:00

    We can eliminate the gateway possibility because the old PC I had worked perfectly, and no other devices have issues.

    I believe earlier I was told to reset the Wi-Fi card, but how do you do this? What steps would you follow?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments