Microsoft Office Disappeared after last Windows 10 update happened

Anonymous
2019-03-22T17:02:58+00:00

After the last Windows 10 update the Microsoft Office Word/Excel/PowerPoint 2016 program has disappeared from my computer. The 2010 version is still there but not the 2016. Why

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Kapil Arya 38,491 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2020-08-03T12:28:52+00:00

Hello,

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features.

Check if you've Microsoft Office listed there. If it is in the list of installed programs then select the entry and then select Modify. There should be an option to Repair the installation.

Choose the type of repair you would like to perform. Depending on the severity or availability of your Internet connection, you could try the first option, Quick Repair, which is much faster and tries to fix the problem without a data connection. 

If that doesn’t resolve the problem, then go back and try the Online Repair option. 

The repair process is straight-forward following the wizard. Note that you’ll need to save your work and close all Office programs first, and then click Repair. 

Then wait while the repair process runs. 

You will notice the repair experience is similar to a fresh installation. The amount of time it takes will depend on your connection speed and what the issue is. 

You will see your Office apps light up in their respective colors while the repair completes. 

Reboot your system and check if you can launch Microsoft Office apps then.


In case if issue still persists, you need to reinstall Microsoft Office.

So if you have Microsoft/Office 365 subscription or your Office product key, download the setup media directly from https://setup.office.com.

Hope this helps!

Referenced from Andre's post at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-microsoft-word-after-last-windows-10/b3a7acfc-671a-44a2-9221-59b065512dd4.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-14T17:09:37+00:00

    You never answered the question. Why did it disappear in the first place?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-19T08:03:50+00:00

    The exact same thing happened to me. Entire 2016 Office Suite including Outlook all gone, shortcuts give corrupted file messages, or file not found. What the hell are Microsoft doing with INSTALLED software on my machine in use for 3 years without issue? Do I have to re-load the whole lot? And why are Windows updates so huge that they fill up you drive with cummulative updates to such an extent there is no space for any major updates. What's going on? We don't all have endlessly expansive C drives!

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-07-10T03:20:31+00:00

    Last November I purchased a copy of Microsoft Office for my computer. I've been using it happily ever since. On April 6th, the program appears to have been replaced by an online version that I cannot access and don't want. I can still access the programs I created shortcuts for, but, unfortunately I didn't create shortcuts for every program I use. So where did my software go and how do I get it back???? I absolutely do NOT want to use 365 or another online version!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-28T23:37:54+00:00

    My Office suite disappeared after doing Windows 10 update yesterday.  I went to the link you gave - office.co/myaccount - and it changed to say it was account.live.com.  I logged in, & there is no button to click on that says "Install Office".  Where else can I go to reinstall Office?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments