Kb4493509 Update Problems

Anonymous
2019-04-10T13:45:47+00:00

Hello,

there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update. 

Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly. 

After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine. 

We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.

Can someone confirm this on his own system?

Kind Regards

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-13T07:12:43+00:00

    I have had what you call a problem on my first start on a new build.  After a couple of restarts this problem goes away.  I think that it is the system getting everything working to the specs of the computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-13T07:52:41+00:00

    Hello,

    there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update. 

    Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly. 

    After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine. 

    We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.

    Can someone confirm this on his own system?

    Kind Regards

    I had the same problem with KB 4493509.Two times I installed the update and each time the problem was the same. Startup error. When uninstalled, the problem disappeared.

    To protect myself against reinstallation, I used this method.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo

    I apologize for language.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-13T07:55:14+00:00

    I uninstalled the update, but according to the Avast forums, a patch has been released already and I installed it yesterday. But my system still acted wierdly. Why is this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-13T10:27:23+00:00

    Hi,

    No problems here on my desktop workstation nor on my laptop, both updated successfully without issue nor any loss of performance at all.

    I use Windows Defender (built-in) and MBAM free as a standalone for occasional verification scans only. No other 3rd party AV products are installed on these devices, trial or otherwise. Could that be the key? Obviously the hardware and associated drivers are compatible on these devices, (I normally allow MS to install/update the drivers that they see fit to purpose, (they don't always match the hardware manufacturers listed most up-to-date drivers for the specific device model (most are more recent and listed for a newer model #) but prove to work quite well, or better, non-the-less. (I've never had to roll-back a driver as of yet)).

    Sorry that I couldn't be of more help concerning the issue(s) that you're experiencing being that I'm not in the same boat so to speak (though glad enough that I'm not) but there must be a rhyme-to-the-reason. I wish I could help more.

    Good Luck!

    -Richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-13T12:34:09+00:00

    I had to format several times, since this update screwed up the system and I thought it was my pc giving me errors and I told me that it was the update giving failures.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments