This Problem effects more as some Windows Users and we need a real fix and not a work around.
Kb4493509 Update Problems
Hello,
there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update.
Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly.
After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine.
We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.
Can someone confirm this on his own system?
Kind Regards
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-04-10T15:18:35+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-04-11T14:32:13+00:00 I had some of these problems and it seems I solved by updating Intel Blootooth & Wireless to the shining new version 21.0.0.
(I still evaluating the situation)
It seems they fixed some BSOD issues.
Good luck
-
Anonymous
2019-04-11T15:02:59+00:00 This issue is being caused by an incompatibility between certain antivirus applications and the recent Windows Updates to Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Sophos, Avast, and Avira have all been confirmed and are working with MS for solutions. I'm sure there are others, but those three are the ones I could locate info on. Most specifically Avira since that's what I use and they gave me the following response:
Hello, Our dev. dept. is in contact with Microsoft to find a solution for this issue. Please see this article which we've published some hours ago:
*https://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/1976*I'm certain the temporary solution for whatever AV you may have is the same as what Avira has stated. Just uninstall the corresponding Windows Update as mentioned in the article, wait for your AV provider to release an updated version to install, then reinstall the Windows Update(s).
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2019-04-11T19:40:39+00:00 I got the fix!
I had the same problem. Restart your PC and go to the windows startup settings. From there select the option to repair your system. For me when I did that i got to the desktop. Then it froze my system again. Then I pressed my computer case’s restart button. After that the system started working perfectly fine for me. I also checked that the update was installed correctly from the update history.
No, that is not a fix for the majority of people having these problems & if it fixed yours I VERY highly doubt you had the same problem to begin with. It has already been confirmed by both Microsoft and several antivirus vendors, that the combination of these Windows Updates and a handful of antivirus apps are causing this problem. There is information supporting this and my previous reply all over the internet. The "fix" has already been given. Myself and plenty of others obviously already tried the "repair your system" options to no avail. I do NOT recommend d0ggy's reply as a fix. The actual recommended solution that has been made by several antivirus vendors is the same as what Avira suggested in their reply to me. One only has to look at my last response and read the link provided to get the proper answer. That info is literally all over the place. Tons of people having this problem (including Win7 and 8.1 users), and tons of people have offered the fix. Including MS and the av vendors themselves. The solution I posted is confirmed, not just some random nonsense that may or may not work.