Kb4493509 Update Problems

Anonymous
2019-04-10T13:45:47+00:00

Hello,

there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update. 

Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly. 

After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine. 

We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.

Can someone confirm this on his own system?

Kind Regards

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-13T07:04:07+00:00

    Hello,

    there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update. 

    Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly. 

    After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine. 

    We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.

    Can someone confirm this on his own system?

    Kind Regards

    Yes, today  after the latest update was done being installed, the entire environment seemed foreign: 1-the theme was different;  2-very few of my desktop icons were on the desktop;  3-when I clicked on Start, only a few of the apps responded;  4-the taskbar had only about 4 icons on the left side instead of 20 and on and on. I uninstalled the following update:  Security Update for Microsoft Windows (K B4493509) 4/12/2019I then restarted the PC and it went back to "normal". I do have a question:  how can I stop Windows updates from automatically being downloaded and installed?

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-13T07:02:57+00:00

    You’re probably right. And it seems that my trick didn’t fix the problem after all. My system’s behaviour is still wierd. For example, I can’t sometimes shut down my computer properly. Do you think, that is because of the new update and I should uninstall it? And does the Avast antivirus have this problem too?

    Avast?May by.Avira.Yes

    Uninstal KB4493509 and hide.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-13T06:28:19+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-13T02:24:59+00:00

    Hello,

    there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update. 

    Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly. 

    After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine. 

    We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.

    Can someone confirm this on his own system?

    Kind Regards

    Yes, today  after the latest update was done being installed, the entire environment seemed foreign: 1-the theme was different;  2-very few of my desktop icons were on the desktop;  3-when I clicked on Start, only a few of the apps responded;  4-the taskbar had only about 4 icons on the left side instead of 20 and on and on. I uninstalled the following update:  Security Update for Microsoft Windows (K B4493509) 4/12/2019I then restarted the PC and it went back to "normal". I do have a question:  how can I stop Windows updates from automatically being downloaded and installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-12T22:09:29+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments