Yes my system broken by this patch as well. At times it takes 15 minutes to get a response and at other times it requires a reset as I can not wait 30 minutes for windows to become functional. Restored from a backup and blocked this update and everything is fine again.
Kb4493509 Update Problems
Hello,
there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update.
Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly.
After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine.
We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.
Can someone confirm this on his own system?
Kind Regards
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2019-04-14T04:03:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-04-14T00:00:37+00:00 Please yourself.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-13T19:20:43+00:00 I think you’re right, but I just feel more comfortable using a third party app.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-13T13:00:24+00:00 Well, if you insist on using third party antivirus programs you must expect issues from time to time when Microsoft updates and the antivirus program does not.
At this point I really don't understand why anyone uses any of these. The Windows Defender Security Center (which includes, but is not limited to, Windows Defender Antivirus) is, IMHO, the best available and it is entirely free, This, together with the equally free AdBlocker Ultimate (available from the Microsoft Store at absolutely no charge) has kept me entirely safe for several years now AND with no update issues.
I suggest everyone read up on the Windows Defender Security Center and learn what protection they already HAVE before they chance messing their system up by using something which (however effective in abstract) is not designed for use with their Operating System. Particularly since it regularly installs Cumulative, Security, and (twice a year) PLATFORM updates.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/comprehensive-security
And don't fall for the hype a lot of these third party security providers give you about how Windows Defender Antivirus isn't enough. They're right, of course, but the implication is that you need THEIR product to get that extra added protection.
Protection you already have with Windows Defender Security Center.
And, NO. I do not work for Microsoft nor am I being paid to shill for them. I'm just sharing my impression of this product.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-13T12:45:27+00:00 Yes but my question is that should I install the update again, because when the Avast patch released I had already installed the windows update.