Kb4493509 Update Problems

Anonymous
2019-04-10T13:45:47+00:00

Hello,

there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update. 

Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly. 

After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine. 

We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.

Can someone confirm this on his own system?

Kind Regards

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-17T11:29:54+00:00

    I have the same problem.

    The update also broke maintenance options.

    I can't do startup repair.

    I can't do a reset (soft nor hard) cause it fails mid process and only uninstalls my apps, then fails and hangs till I restart it.

    I can't revert to an old update because I don't have the option within the OS > settings > update and security

    Trying to revert to an older update from the troubleshooting startup says there was a problem.

    Trying the above steps from a recovery USB gives all the same issues / errors.

    Trying to create a windows installation media usb fails, I've tried 2 USBs on 2 computers but it fails to create the installation media, I can't use an older tool because it will say it's not the latest.

    I'm literally stuck with this POS update unless this update gets fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-17T09:35:39+00:00

    Hi, after I have installed Kb4493509 Update ESET icone in the notification area has gone !

    The eset service is running, but there is no icone, it has been hidden !

    Any help ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-17T06:58:47+00:00

    You're not the only one.. I've the same problem.. After installing kb4493509 update which i didn't wanted to install but windows did it anyway and that too while streaming a game.. After restart, my PC is severely slowed down.. Opening windows explorer takes about 3 sec.. Games lag and while recording or streaming, i get lags and well as micro stutters, a gamer's nightmare.. Nuked the bad update(kb4493509) and everything was fine but windows installed the update again.. wth.. how did i stop windows from installing this update?

    Edit: btw after uninstalling the update, windows reinstalled it but this time, I ain't facing slow system or lags in games. Don't know why though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-16T11:51:33+00:00

    Ok.Ok ok ok ok ok.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-16T11:49:34+00:00

    Hola,

    Hay un gran problema con la actualización Kb4493509. 

    Un amigo y yo obtendremos la Actualización ayer por la noche y la instalación después de la instalación y el reinicio de nuestro sistema no funciona correctamente. 

    Después de una desinstalación del Kb4493509, los sistemas funcionan perfectamente bien. 

    También hay problemas en todos los sistemas.

    ¿Puede alguien confirmar esto en su propio sistema?

    Saludos cordiales

    Tuve el mismo problema con KB 4493509. Dos veces en la actualización y cada vez que el problema era el mismo. Error de arranque. Cuando se desinstaló, el problema desapareció.

    Para protegerme contra la reinstalación, utilicé este método.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-reinstalling-in-windo

    Me disculpo por el lenguaje.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments