Kb4493509 Update Problems

Anonymous
2019-04-10T13:45:47+00:00

Hello,

there is an huge problem with the Kb4493509 Update. 

Me and an friend got the Update yesterday evening and installed it after the installation and the reboot our system doesn't work correctly. 

After an deinstallation of the Kb4493509 the systems work perfectly fine. 

We tested it on some other devices too and had the same issue on every System.

Can someone confirm this on his own system?

Kind Regards

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-16T09:23:14+00:00

    This issue is being caused by an incompatibility between certain antivirus applications and the recent Windows Updates to Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Sophos, Avast, and Avira have all been confirmed and are working with MS for solutions. I'm sure there are others, but those three are the ones I could locate info on. Most specifically Avira since that's what I use and they gave me the following response:

    Hello, Our dev. dept. is in contact with Microsoft to find a solution for this issue. Please see this article which we've published some hours ago:

    *https://www.avira.com/en/support-for-home-knowledgebase-detail/kbid/1976*I'm certain the temporary solution for whatever AV you may have is the same as what Avira has stated. Just uninstall the corresponding Windows Update as mentioned in the article, wait for your AV provider to release an updated version to install, then reinstall the Windows Update(s).

    this KB article from Avira is no longer there as it seems to have been moved or removed recently

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-16T09:21:30+00:00

    I uninstalled the update, but according to the Avast forums, a patch has been released already and I installed it yesterday. But my system still acted wierdly. Why is this?

    you probably have other problems that may or may not relate to KB4493509

    what other 3rd party apps do you have installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-15T22:57:45+00:00

    You may need to delete temporary files and, possibly, optimize your hard drives.

    I suggest you contact the Comunidad https://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/page/gettingstarted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-15T19:01:04+00:00

    A questão é que há habiente muito deficiente em termos de lentidão...?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-14T09:04:03+00:00

    Hi Amy,

    Agreed 100% and 3 + years running with Defender & 10, (Security essentials for years before that), and an occasional MBAM scan for good house keeping/verification) = problem free.  :-)

    Cheers,

    -Richard

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments