Win 10 freezing my brand new PC

Anonymous
2019-04-03T18:44:21+00:00

Hi,

I ahve just spent over a thousand pounds on a new PC and it keeps freezing randomly no matter what I am doing! It is NOT a hardware issue it is Windows 10! I have a 4 year old PC that is running win 7 and it has no issues what so ever never has it crashed due to the operating system. I am a gamer so random crashes makes this PC a expensive brick and I do not know what to do maybe I will install windows 7 or look into another OS that actually works because win10 is useless to me I shouldnt have to run troubleshooting on a PC every few days in 2019 the community didnt ask for a new OS people was happy with win 7 but we are being fored to use a broken OS.

I will be looking into an alternative OS that works.

Avoid win10 it is garbage.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-25T14:55:12+00:00

    Greg,

    It has started freezing and blue screening again with first store exception error code then i update nvidia driver and updated windows now it is freezing with critical process died so doi need o do afresh install of windows every month?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-06T00:35:05+00:00

    Yes, I would take your time to Update your drivers from the PC maker's Support Downloads web page, using the full model number, Serial Number or Dell Service Tag on sticker. Compare the latest drivers available for download with the ones presently installed in Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start Menu. Make sure you have the latest BIOS or UEFI firmware, Chipset, Display (Video), Sound, USB3, Bluetooth, Network and all other drivers, or else download and install the latest now.

    Updating drivers from the Device Manager or Windows Update is rarely enough.

    Let me know if there's anything else.

    Please also mark the post which helped most as the Answer, to help others. A rating is also appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-06T00:31:57+00:00

    Hi Gregg,

    A clean install seemed to have fix the crashes for now so it wasnt hardware if i am able to game and use pc now right?

    Also should i go to device manager and update all the drivers as its a clean install?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T23:25:07+00:00

    Problem solved now lets see what other problem win10 throws at me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-05T23:15:01+00:00

    This is what people are saying:

    In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. ExpandNetwork adapters, and locate the network adapter for your device. Select the network adapter, select Updatedriver > Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the instructions

    I HAVE NO INTERNET! IT WORKED BEFORE ONE PROBLEM AFTER ANOTHER WITH A POORLY MADE OS

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments