Win 10 freezing my brand new PC

Anonymous
2019-04-03T18:44:21+00:00

Hi,

I ahve just spent over a thousand pounds on a new PC and it keeps freezing randomly no matter what I am doing! It is NOT a hardware issue it is Windows 10! I have a 4 year old PC that is running win 7 and it has no issues what so ever never has it crashed due to the operating system. I am a gamer so random crashes makes this PC a expensive brick and I do not know what to do maybe I will install windows 7 or look into another OS that actually works because win10 is useless to me I shouldnt have to run troubleshooting on a PC every few days in 2019 the community didnt ask for a new OS people was happy with win 7 but we are being fored to use a broken OS.

I will be looking into an alternative OS that works.

Avoid win10 it is garbage.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-04T22:07:48+00:00

    I got a stop code: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED I have update win version and all my drivers any suggestions?

    I have updated all drivers, updates cleaned pc and I am doing a sfc /sannow

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-04T20:48:04+00:00

    Try simplifying your configuration by keeping only your mouse and keyboard attached, that means:

    Disconnecting multiple display monitors.
    
    
    
    Remove discrete video cards, use the on-board graphics if your motherboard supports it.
    
    
    
    Swap out memory modules - a RAM module might be corrupt - you can also ensure RAM sticks are installed slots 1 and 3. Your RAM modules might be corrupt, try scanning them for errors.
    

    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/use-the-memory...

    If you have more than one hard disk installed, disconnect all except the target disk where Windows 10 will be installed.
    
    
    
    Reset your BIOS Defaults.
    

    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

    Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-04T20:16:11+00:00

    i  upgraded it but my win still crashes no matter what i am doing after a certain amount of time

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-04T18:17:28+00:00

    Yes, you are on Windows 10 1803, they latest version is Windows 10 1809:

    See steps how to upgrade:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-04T18:15:55+00:00

    Hi Andre for Directly,

    Am I running an outdated build?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments