Just Youtube search the following or google search and you will see many other users having the same problem: My new win 10 pc keeeps freezing.
Win 10 freezing my brand new PC
Hi,
I ahve just spent over a thousand pounds on a new PC and it keeps freezing randomly no matter what I am doing! It is NOT a hardware issue it is Windows 10! I have a 4 year old PC that is running win 7 and it has no issues what so ever never has it crashed due to the operating system. I am a gamer so random crashes makes this PC a expensive brick and I do not know what to do maybe I will install windows 7 or look into another OS that actually works because win10 is useless to me I shouldnt have to run troubleshooting on a PC every few days in 2019 the community didnt ask for a new OS people was happy with win 7 but we are being fored to use a broken OS.
I will be looking into an alternative OS that works.
Avoid win10 it is garbage.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2019-04-03T22:41:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-04-03T22:26:00+00:00 Right I tried to find my minidumps but they wasnt activated so I followed this link and after another crash they still wasnt being created so i followed instructions in this link and it suggested changing page file which i did
When it cashes again ill link the dmp file weird thing is this issue was happening last week i spent ages tring everything to fix it and i manage to only for it to come back today.
-
Anonymous
2019-04-03T21:14:43+00:00 Just restarted my pc to activate mini dumps and my last post wasnt showing so i reposted it
-
Anonymous
2019-04-03T20:56:43+00:00 Hi Andre,
My pc just locked up again! It is so annoying
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name S-D
System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P3.10, 10/2/2018
SMBIOS Version 3.1
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASRock
BaseBoard Model Not Available
BaseBoard Name Base Board
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.619"
User Name S-D\sdunn
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 13.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 25.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 21.6 GB
Page File Space 10.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
-
Anonymous
2019-04-03T20:10:34+00:00 I personally don't see the type of issues you are describing, perhaps you should start by listing your full system spec or make and model details.
What version/build of Windows 10 do you have and which edition.
If you have new hardware you may not be able to run Windows 7 as drivers may not support Windows 7 but you will have to have a licence for it there is no way to go to Windows 7 without a clean install.
Locate your dmp files and share a link to a location for others to check out. %WINDIR%\Minidump.dmp