Windows is not activated with valid product key

Anonymous
2018-11-08T08:56:02+00:00

I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

Is there any solution for this?

P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-08T09:43:25+00:00

Contacted Live Agent Chat, and here is the response given

Thank you for sharing, Daniel. Microsoft has just released an Emerging issue announcement about current activation issue related to Pro edition recently. This happens in Japan, Korea, American and many other countries. I am very sorry to inform you that there is a temporary issue with Microsoft's activation server at the moment and some customers might experience this issue where Windows is displayed as not activated.

Our engineers are working tirelessly to resolve this issue and it is expected to be corrected within one to two business days, Daniel.

Hopefully it'll get fix soonest possible

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-08T21:51:23+00:00

We are aware of reports that some customers’ Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise machines are not recognizing their licenses as activated. Users may receive the following notification: “Error: you are running Windows 10 Pro, but you have valid digital license for Windows 10 Home," or one of the following error codes 0X803F8001, 0xC004C003.

We are actively working to resolve this within 24 hours. You can still use your PC; however, the watermark will appear until activation is restored. Thank you for your patience.

We will update this post with additional information as needed and once activations are restored.

Paul...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-08T21:04:49+00:00

    Microsoft license servers seem to be back online. Got a heads up on Twitter, and tried again "activation troubleshooting" minutes ago (9 pm GMT) and my Windows 10 Pro became activated again. I hope the problem is solved for everybody.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-08T21:05:18+00:00

    FYI - I could reactivate my Windows 10 just now, 5 minutes ago. Had to select the option "I have recently change my hardware" or whatever it says, and it went through.

    Hope it works for you all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-08T21:07:46+00:00

    Hi,

    I'm from south america - Brazil - with the same problem.

    I using Windows 10 build 1809 upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate and the message said "digital license is invalid for Pro version..." Error code 0XC004E003

    ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments